Holders Germany and three-time winners Spain are among those in the top Pot A for the UEFA European Women's Under-17 Championship elite round draw at 11:45CET on 24 November in Nyon.
Article top media content
Holders Germany are among those in the top Pot A for the UEFA European Women's Under-17 Championship elite round draw at 11:45CET on 24 November in Nyon.
• There are four seeding pots in accordance with the coefficient ranking list, with the seven countries with the highest coefficients in Pot A, the next seven in Pot B, and so on.
Pot A: Germany (holders), Spain, Austria, England, Sweden, Netherlands, Hungary
Pot B: Poland, Republic of Ireland, France, Serbia, Belgium, Denmark, Norway
Pot C: Portugal, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Iceland, Scotland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Russia
Pot D: Finland, Slovenia*, Italy, Turkey*, Israel*, Romania*, Azerbaijan*
• No qualifying round group winners can meet the runners-up from their section. There is no such restriction for the five best third-placed finishers (marked *). Any other restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw.
• Azerbaijan and Israel are at this stage for the first time.
• Each group comprises one team from each pot, with hosts then appointed to hold the mini-tournaments to be played by 1 April.
• The seven group winners qualify to join hosts Lithuania in the finals from 9 to 21 May.
• The top three finishers in the finals will qualify for the 2018 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup from 13 November to 1 December of that year in Uruguay.