- 2018 final will be at NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium, Kyiv
- Game is scheduled for Saturday 26 May, kick-off 20:45CET
- Stadium previously staged UEFA EURO 2012 final
Article top media content
Kyiv is ...
- Capital city of Ukraine
- Spelt Київ in local language
- Host city of UEFA EURO 2012 final
- Estimated to have population of around 3 million
Where it is
Kyiv is in the centre of Ukraine, located on the Dnieper river.
NSC Olimpiyskyi stadium
• Built on the site of the 1913 All-Russian Exhibition in order to host the Second All-Ukrainian Spartakiad (or Games), the ground was opened as the Trotsky Red Stadium on 12 August 1923. Trotsky's name was removed the next year, and the arena became home to Zheldor – now Lokomotiv – Kyiv.
• After Kyiv's restoration as the Ukrainian capital in 1934, a decision was made to construct an adjacent Republican Stadium; however, the opening ceremony of 22 June 1941 had to be delayed due to the German invasion and was not held until 1944 (though the German occupiers did open it in 1942).
• Renamed the Central Stadium, the new facility was enlarged to a 100,000+ capacity in the 1960s and incorporated into a larger sports complex. A crowd of 102,000 watched Dynamo Kyiv clinch the 1975 UEFA Super Cup by beating Bayern 2-0 with two Oleh Blokhin goals.
• Another rebuild followed before the 1980 Olympics, where the rebranded Republican Stadium staged seven matches including a quarter-final.
• Given its current title in 1996 after Ukrainian independence, it has been the national stadium and has been used by the Ukraine team as well as for big games involving local clubs and the Ukrainian Cup final.
• The present stadium was constructed in time for UEFA EURO 2012, where it hosted five fixtures including the final.
2017/18 UEFA Champions League calendar
19/06/17: First and second qualifying round draws
27–28/06/17: First qualifying round, first leg
04–05/07/17: First qualifying round, second leg
11–12/07/17: Second qualifying round, first leg
14/07/17: Third qualifying round draw
18–19/07/17: Second qualifying round, second leg
25–26/07/17: Third qualifying round, first leg
01–02/08/17: Third qualifying round, second leg
04/08/17: Play-off draw
15–16/08/17: Play-off round, first leg
22–23/08/17: Play-off round, second leg
24/08/17: Group stage draw
12–13/09/17: Group stage, matchday one
26–27/09/17: Group stage, matchday two
17–18/10/17: Group stage, matchday three
31/10/17–01/11/17: Group stage, matchday four
21–22/11/17: Group stage, matchday five
05–06/12/17: Group stage, matchday six
11/12/17: Round of 16 draw
13–14/02/18 and 20–21/02/18: Round of 16, first leg
06–07/03/18 and 13–14/03/18: Round of 16, second leg
16/03/18: Quarter-final draw
03–04/04/18: Quarter-finals, first leg
10–11/04/18: Quarter-finals, second leg
13/04/18: Semi-final and final draw
24–25/04/18: Semi-finals, first leg
01–02/05/18: Semi-finals, second leg
26/05/18: Final (NSC Olimpiyski, Kyiv)
All dates are provisional and subject to change by UEFA.