The road to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia resumes on Friday as the fifth set of fixtures brings the nine European Qualifiers groups to their halfway stage.
Article top media content
• The nine group winners will advance directly to join Russia in the 32-team FIFA World Cup final tournament.
• The eight runners-up with the best records against the sides first, third, fourth and fifth in their groups proceed to play-offs to decide the remaining four finals berths allocated to Europe.
Friday 24 March
• Spain and Italy look for Group G wins that would take them well clear of challengers Israel and Albania.
• Unbeaten Croatia and Ukraine meet at the Group I summit.
Group D: Republic of Ireland (10) v Wales (6), Austria (4) v Moldova (1)
Group G: Spain (10) v Israel (9), Italy (10) v Albania (6), Liechtenstein (0) v FYR Macedonia (0)
Group I: Kosovo (1) v Iceland (7), Croatia (10) v Ukraine (8)
Saturday 25 March
• Switzerland put their perfect Group B record on the line while behind them Portugal and Hungary have a pivotal fixture.
• Similarly Belgium are yet to drop a point in Group H but visitors Greece could overtake them.
Sunday 26 March
• Holders Germany have still to give up either a point or a goal in Group C but their hosts Azerbaijan have proved a surprise package.
• Montenegro can join Poland at the top of Group E with a win as the two sides face off.
• Next Week of Football: 9–11 June
Friday 9 June: Sweden v France, Latvia v Portugal
Saturday 10 June: Scotland v England, Poland v Romania
Sunday 11 June: Serbia v Wales, Iceland v Croatia